Rather than alter a cottage built in the 1940s whose character is original and perfect, we renovated and winterized the garage into a tiny home. Working with an existing footprint and 2×4 frame, there was no room for anything other than conventional insulation. Inside there is a garage/workshop, a 3 piece bath, a bedroom, a kitchenette and a living room over looking the mighty Ottawa river. In Norway Bay, Quebec the Norway Pines are revered and respected. Great lengths were taken to avoid one during construction making it the buildings closest neighbour at only 7″ away.
- Straworks Inc.
Structure, systems, finishes
- Concrete edge thickened slab foundation
- 2×4 wood frame construction insulated with polystyrene and batt
- Pine tongue ’n groove ceiling
- Pine cove siding
- Tile & hardwood floors
- installing windows & doors
- installing kitchenette
- milling & installing interior trim
- installing tongue & groove pine ceiling