This couple worked along side of us all day every day and the bond that formed between us makes this one of our all time favourite builds. Downsizing from a large family home, this home was designed by the homeowners and Straworks with ease of construction and living in mind. At just under 1500 sq.ft., and one storey the size and scope of this project is typical of what we do. The 30” overhangs on all four sides is also characteristic. Straw bale walls store and release water exceptionally well but keeping wind driven rain off walls with deep overhangs in the first place is best for any building assembly.
Homeowner and Straworks Inc.
Structure, systems, finishes
- ICF stem wall foundation with 5” concrete slab
- Straw bale walls complete with cement-lime plaster
- In-floor radiant heat powered by a propane boiler
- Pine tongue and groove ceiling
- Acid etched concrete floors
- straw bale walls
- installing windows & doors
- installing steel roof
- installing soffit & fascia
- installing siding & trim on entry